Problem Powering Core32

Edwin

I have a working Core32 and I am powering it thrue USB. But I'd like to power it with a wall adapter connected to J1.

I tried this with several wall adapters (9V dc and 9V ac), but the Core32 doesn't do anything (LED doesn't flash at startup). I disconnected the jumper at J17.

What might be wrong? How can I trouble shoot?

Thanks

Edwin

Hi.

If it works using USB power then I would check the 7805 regulator (IC6) and the bridge rectifier (X1). These are the most likely culprits as they are really the only components that are not used when powered by USB :) (although C8 and C9 are also worth checking)

If you have a DVM, check that you have 5v between IC6:Pin3 and Vs as this proves the above.

Cheers

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

If it works using USB power then I would check the 7805 regulator (IC6) and the bridge rectifier (X1). These are the most likely culprits as they are really the only components that are not used when powered by USB :) (although C8 and C9 are also worth checking)

If you have a DVM, check that you have 5v between IC6:Pin3 and Vs as this proves the above.

Cheers

Phil

Problem Solved. :flowers:

I checked C8, I soldered it to the board whit the polarity on the wrong sides :blush: :blush:

After desoldering and soldering it right, external power supply works fine.