Problems about Traktorizer , a new build .

DarKM4N

As the title say this is the place I hope getting answers to the problems I encounter in the build of a Traktorizer copy .

Last night i finished my board , all the modules . I first burned the PIC18F452 with the bootloader , then useing MIOS studio I loaded MIOS 1.9G no problem so far . I decided to connect the 8 x Nokia 3310 Display's ( GLCD ) , first i connected only one display useing the http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_lcd_pcd8544_single_mios8.pdf diagram , i powered the core but nothing is displayed on the LCD :( then i loaded the Traktorizer firmware , same , nothing is displayed on the LCD .

After loading the Traktorizer firmware i see a lot of activity on MIDI IN screen of MIOS Studio ...

Is there any way of testing the LCD ?

When I will connect all the LCD i have to follow the diagram for connecting only one but just swap the S0 ... S7 ?

Thanks !

Mihai .

an empty screen after (only) MIOS is loaded is perfectly normal in your case. As long as you don't compile a custom MIOS version or the application selects another display type, MIOS will only try to output data for a HD44780 standard character LCD. The Nokia display can't make sense of that.

for all other questions someone else has to jump in as I haven't got any personal experience with Traktorizer or this display type.

S

Another test : I uploaded a clean MIOS to the PIC18F452 and loaded the custom driver http://www.ucapps.de/mios/lcd7_pcd8544_v2a.zip . The PIC rebooted but no MIOS logo .. the LCD is dead .. :( I also changed the ID to 7 ( custom LCD ) useing the Change ID utility .. nothing .. I verified the PIN's useing LCD Interconnect utility .. all correct .. any idee ?