SammichSID LCD problem

levon

Ive finished my sammichSID after some uploading issues (thought the optocoupler was dead..... i had midi input going to break out plug lol)

All hardware is put together, besides the Bankstick IC's, SID's and Capacitors for the SID's

I've uploaded Setup_sammichSID.hex from the RC37 folder, which uploaded successfully.

Now when i turn the Sammich on, the LED's flash a bit (se pic 'turning on', then stop and the following is displayed on the LCD (see 'on') LCD is from Wilba.

If i press F1, then one column of LED's turn on. I have sent midi data to the Sammich, and the LED's flash on an off deppending on which notes are played, pressing F3 makes the F1 row flash on and off.

Anyone got some advice as to what might be going wrong?

cheers

post-3822-127381584579_thumb.jpg

post-3822-127381585465_thumb.jpg

post-3822-127381586341_thumb.jpg

The LEDs appear to be working... they're showing the pitch of all six oscillators (low pitch in the centre, high pitch to the edges).

LCD obviously is not.

Did it show the "MIOS V1.9g" bootscreen before you uploaded the setup_sammich_sid.hex?

Does it show the "MIOS V1.9g" bootscreen now?

If the answer to both questions is no, then it's probably some bad soldering/connections to the LCD... it could be at the LCD end or the socket on the PCB.

The LEDs appear to be working... they're showing the pitch of all six oscillators (low pitch in the centre, high pitch to the edges).

LCD obviously is not.

Did it show the "MIOS V1.9g" bootscreen before you uploaded the setup_sammich_sid.hex?

Does it show the "MIOS V1.9g" bootscreen now?

If the answer to both questions is no, then it's probably some bad soldering/connections to the LCD... it could be at the LCD end or the socket on the PCB.

Before I uploaded sammichSID, when I turned it on, it showed the top line black for 2 seconds then "ready"

but I uploaded sammichSID without the top board on so I don't know if it it showed the uploading info.

But what does it show now when it boots up? Do you see the "MIOS V1.9g"?

Try uploading MIOS V1.9g using MIOS Studio 2, make sure there are no errors. Get it back to the "READY." screen if you can.

It could be that it worked before, you had a good connection between base PCB and LCD, but after detaching/attaching the control surface PCB, it's jiggled a "poor" solder joint and made it "bad". Check there aren't any bad connections there, or shorts between pins.