MB-6582 & square c64 connection

Berg

Hello fellow builders I recently start putting all the pieces on this mb-6582 beastie. Really looking forward to hearing it. I have stopped construction as I have the wrong connection, IT's square and I need a circle. ug ug ug

I bought a c64 power supply off ebay not knowing it had a square connecction rather then the 7pin DIN connection on the back of the MB-6582. I purchased a 7pin din connection but i am unsure how to go from the 4pin to the 7-pin. after i hack the 4-pin off. it appears that all of the needed voltages are present on the discription to match the PSU option A requirements.

The random internet pull info I have says the 4 pin configuration moving clockwise is: 9Vac=PIN3,9VAC=PIN4,Ground=PIN2,+5VDC=PIN1

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to get power to the 7 pin configuration. which pins go where when i lobe of the 4 pin and attacch the 7. My guess is that the 7 pin must have some blank or not connected pins.

The quickest way for me to show you is to link to the MIDIbox SID "C64 PSU Optimized" diagram:

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_8xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf

It shows a picture of the plug (not socket) from the front.

In case this is not obvious, the two pins on either side of the DIN plug "notch" are the 9V AC pins. It doesn't matter which way these two are connected.

Ground is the pin in the middle, 4th from either end, opposite the DIN plug "notch".

In C64 PSUs, the 5V can be the 3rd pin from either end, i.e. next to ground. It doesn't matter which side, MB-6582 PCB revision 2 PCBs can handle 5V on either pin. (The revision 1 PCBs don't handle 5V on either pin, you need a bridge to fix that, see here: http://midibox.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9086 )

Check the voltages with a multimeter before connecting - there's no guarantee the random internet info is correct ;)

I found a better diagram: (quote from http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcarlsen/cbm/pinouts.txt)

The power connector pinout for the C64 is shown facing the right side 
of the computer:

9VAC -----7 6----- 9VAC

ground -----3 1----- ground

+5VDC -----5 4----- +5VDC or no connection
2----- ground

Note: although only four pins are actually used, the power connector
is a 7 pin DIN, as shown. [/code]

Although note pins 1 and 3 aren't actually used by the socket on the PCB.