Assigning AOUT offset to the User2 button matrix knobs

widdly

I'm building a midibox fm. I've got all the circuit and control surface built, working and sounding good but I want to add a pair of AOUT LC and a pair of filters.

I'm planning on building the EMS diode ladder filters described here.. http://www.modular.fonik.de/Page37.html They have CV control of cutoff AND resonance so I think they should work nicely. I'm trying to incorporate these filters so the cutoff and resonance settings are completely saved with the patch and don't require any external potentiometers.

I want to be able to tweak the cutoff and resonance from the v-pots so I figured I could remap the USER 2 v-pots to control the cutoff and resonance via the AOUT offset parameters.

In cs_menu_tables.inc at line 420 I figure I should change it to something like...

;; USER2        Register (00=dummy)        |<-->|  max   print ix,         exec ix          parameter transfer

CS_MENU_ENTRY	MBFM_AOUTx_OFFSET,	   "Cut1", 0x7f, PRINT_AOUTxOFFS, EXEC_SELPAR,     R2PP2R_AOUTxOFFS

CS_MENU_ENTRY	MBFM_AOUTx_OFFSET,	   "Res1", 0x7f, PRINT_AOUTxOFFS, EXEC_SELPAR,     R2PP2R_AOUTxOFFS

CS_MENU_ENTRY	MBFM_AOUTx_OFFSET,	   "Cut2", 0x7f, PRINT_AOUTxOFFS, EXEC_SELPAR,     R2PP2R_AOUTxOFFS

CS_MENU_ENTRY	MBFM_AOUTx_OFFSET,	   "Res2", 0x7f, PRINT_AOUTxOFFS, EXEC_SELPAR,     R2PP2R_AOUTxOFFS

...but I'm not sure if this will work as I expect. Will the v-pots control AOUT 1-4 offsets respectively or just control the same offset of whatever AOUT is selected in the AOUT menu?

Is there another way of mapping this?

Edited by widdly