MB 6582 Problems

Suicide Sushi

Hello. I have some severe problems with my MB6582. I hope you can help me... Thanks.

1) When I install the "MB6592.hex" I get a continues (test?)tone from SIDs 1 and 2. I can edit the sound over midi via the sysex editor. When i install 1.7x i don't get a continues tone.

*SOLVED*

2) The control surface is dead. No response - nothing. I will mesure voltages later today (especially at JD9). I have not installed R40 - R55 (the resistors for the LED's). Is that necessary for the CS to run? I wouldn't think so.

*SOLVED*

3) I can't edit core 2's SIDs (0000 0000 0000 0001) via the sysex editor. I get no sound from SID 3 and 4. Im currently running with 2 cores. Everytime I boot the display reads "cloning slaves" and then "Launching CS". No errors

*SOLVED*

I know that I have a lot of problems with my MB6582 and that there can be many different causes. I hope you have some pointers or suggestions.

Thanks!

Suicide Sushi

Edited by Suicide Sushi

1) Don't install the v1 app on a v2 system running on PIC18F4685s. That won't work. A diesel engine doesn't like running on regular gasoline either.

2) You should have measured all the voltages BEFORE connecting it and stuffing the ICs. Unplug the ICs and check the voltages first. The LED current limiting resistors are not necessary for the inputs to work.

3) That IS an error. The firmware should only be cloned on startup when the shift button is held down - your CS is obviously doing sth... Disconnect the CS. Remove the IC. Do voltage tests. Get the baseboard *completely* working. Then tackle the CS.

1) Don't install the v1 app on a v2 system running on PIC18F4685s. That won't work. A diesel engine doesn't like running on regular gasoline either.

Surely a better analogy is trying to run a Mac program on Windows 7? :tongue:

Okay. I removed the CS and now it seems to boot okay. :laugh: I still need to clone the slave cores - but I can't without the CS (well I can but it would be a bit of a hassle).

Wrong! It's actually quite easy.Just switch the midi jumper and upload the software. Remember to use the right ID number for the right core. All my cores are online now. Sorry about that...

I tried to just connecting the control pot near the LCD display and power to the CS - still nothing. Any ideas?

Edited by Suicide Sushi