[SOLVED] MB6582 : cannot connect with MIOS but still resets core after connection fails...

tupinamba

Hi newb helpers !

I received a new package from SmashTV a few days ago and started to assemble the MB6582. Everything ran smoothly. The CS is on its way (switches soldered, panel JBWelted, waiting for the orange leds now...) And the mainboard is finished. I run win PSU option B, using the C64 power supply I used with my former Midibox SID (1Core, 1Sid, 1DIN) that some of you guys helped me debug a few weeks ago. (No need to say I double checked whether I did not mix 74HC165 and 74HC595... :rolleyes: )

I also checked voltages and everything looks OK (CORE and SID get the right voltage on the right pin).

So here is the thing :

When powered on, my LCD (on J15_CORE1) gives copyright and READY message. But I cannot connect to the CORE with MIOS ! And the weird thing is that, as it fails connecting to the CORE, it still reboots it afterwards...

I tried connecting to my working Midibox SID and it connects alright, so the problem is not the MIOS config or the MIDI cables.

I choose to connect to CORE1 (ID -000) but get nothing trying to connect to the other cores either.

Any clue ? I wandered about in the forums (well, to be honest, I did not dig really deep...) and did not find anything.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Edited by tupinamba