Can't figure out how to send gate to my EG With AOUT NG...

JRock

I have the channel set to the midi channel I'm using. I have the function set to velocity. I have it set to mono. I have it set to V/Oct. It's sending CV instead of gate or a trigger. I think. How do I make a gate channel? I can't find directions on how to calibrate for gates and triggers :sad:

The CV for the notes is working. What am I missing. I've read the midibox CV and the AOUT NG Manual a bunch of times and it sounds like I can use one (or all) of the 8 channels to send a gate... but how?

Edited by JRock

I have the channel set to the midi channel I'm using. I have the function set to velocity. I have it set to mono. I have it set to V/Oct. It's sending CV instead of gate or a trigger. I think. How do I make a gate channel? I can't find directions on how to calibrate for gates and triggers :sad:

The CV for the notes is working. What am I missing. I've read the midibox CV and the AOUT NG Manual a bunch of times and it sounds like I can use one (or all) of the 8 channels to send a gate... but how?

AOUT_NG the NG stands for NO GATE. The gate is supplied from the core. J15 on the PIC core (if memory serves correctly).

Sorry, my memory is broke, it is J5 that provides the gate. I had a bit of a struggle with the MidiboxCV as the interconnect page is broken, but the info is out there, you just need to look.

Try the MIDIbox SEQ V3 for the PIC core or MIDIbox SEQ V4 if you are using the STM32 core.

Edited by gomiboy99

Simple enough :thumbsup: Thanks! :flowers:

How do they work? can I assign them to any midi channel? I guess I'll read the docs on MBSEQ3. Now I get what it's saying in the coding part about J5 enabled :rolleyes:

Edited by JRock