MB-6582 baseboard : lifted pad work arounds

Filch

I ended up lifting 2 pads off of a Rev2 MB-6582 baseboard when desoldering some items. I was hoping someone may help me identify if and where I'll need to attach some flying wires to fix the flub I made.

On the topside of the board, I lifted pad for R43 near U22.

- if I'm reading the board layout properly, I should just be able to bridge solder on the bottom of the board from R43 to the socket pin?

On the bottom of the board, I lifted pad D0 for JD1

- this one looks a little more complex and not exactly sure what the best action for repair is. Could I run a flying wire from D0 to the small hole joining the last two pins of resistor network?

Convenient link to the baseboard PCB layout :

http://www.mb6582.org/plans/MB-6582_Base_PCB_R2_Color.pdf

If you are resoldering R43, just use the excess lead from the resistor and solder to the pin of U22.

D0 of JD1 connects via bottom track to the "via" below R31 between R31 pin 4 and 5, then via top track to pin 11 of U16 and then pin 5 of R30.

So you can connect it to the "via", or to pin 11 of U16, or pin 5 of R30. If it were me, I'd use an insulated wire to pin 11 of U16.

Thanks for the response. Just so I don't make any poor assumptions, here's a pic of what I think you are suggesting for JD1.

post-5660-092518600 1301343024_thumb.jpg

Did I screwup the pin count here? Here's where a slight confusion for me happens when it comes to the Pin number. I was under the impression pin 1 on an IC was the left side pin with the dot/notch, continued down the side, then started on the right side and on down. I was thinking the pin I've connected to in the pic for U16 was pin 14??

Or I'm just completely wrong about pin order or where I think this wire should be connecting and it is actually pin 11, 3 up from the one in my picture.

Edited by Filch