Some time ago I bought Seppemans DUAL ssm2044 PCB. Originally I wanted to connect them to mb6502, but in the meantime I made a sammichSID, and I'm very happy with it.
Therefore, I thought of possibility of creating a standalone filterbox utilizing SSM filter.
I would like to use it connected to simple monophonic synth, but of course it could be used in many other ways.
Features that I would like to achieve:
- envelopes triggered by midi (Note ON)
- midi syncable LFO
- extensive modulation matrix
- stereo operation (optional 2 x mono mode may be also useful)
- simple step sequencer
It seems to me, that the easiest way to create such a filter is to use midiboxSID or midiboxFM application.
As far as I understand I can use SID synthesis engine as a source of envelope generators, LFO and modulation matrix, but i have some questions:
1. Is it possible to run midibox SID application without connecting SID PCB to the core (using only core8, AOUT-NG DINX2 and SSM PCB) ?
2. Is it very hard to customize SID app to hide SID functionality (LCD menus etc.)?
3. Is there any way of connection AOUT-NG to sammichSID as a temporary solution ?
4. What is the time horizon of transfering SID application to a newer platform (LPC17) ?
I will be grateful for information,