Using Wireless USB with Core STM32?

Duggle

I'm using MBHP in a project where it is a little away from the computer I'm coding on.

It would be really cool to be able to use MIOS Studio with the core wirelessly!

Using MIDI i/O

I will be trying a bluetooth serial adaptor at each end (which I have on hand). This involves Max232 level shifters at the host PC Midi Port. I'll use a GM5 module TTL midi connection to the max232.

Another max232 at the core end to attach the bluetooth dongle. I'm not sure whether the adaptor will support the midi baudrate.....will find out.

Pros of this approach is the excellent range of Bluetooth.

Using USB I/O

This would/should have the benefit of being able to access the USB port on the core as COM and MIDI and MassStorage.

Using a product such as this: Dlink

Or this:CablesUnlimited

Question is would such wireless links work with all classes of USB device? (The CableUnlimited product does not support isosynchronous transfers, so perhaps not MIDI.sad.png)

The Dlink product being a hub looks more promising (although it states that it does not support USB webcams, I wonder if this is due to throughput?)

Anyhow does anyone have experience using a product such as this with MIOS32 cores?

In the current situation I want to debug and monitor an application that is at the other end of my property and has to go through walls (<50m total distance).

I'm having success with a pair of these: BTserialAdaptor

The main hassle with these is the requirement to use standard (not MIDI) baud rates. I'm communicating through UART2 which works fine with MIOS Studio (using a COM driver), but the bootloader only works with USB0 and UART0.

The BT adaptor is rated at 100m with standard antenna.

A cable would be painful but its good to know 50' works fine.