MIDIBOXFM + Aout_LC = headache

Giovanni

Now that my midiboxfm works fine, i want to add 4 cv outputs to control 4 lp filters (one for each output) but i'm having a lot of trouble just trying to make one cv out work by itself. The problem seems to be located at the very start of the chain: the pic core is supposed to output some signals (called SO, SC, RC in the schematic, corresponding to data input, shift clock input pin and chip select inside the code) but according to my DSO nothing at all is coming from pins 15,16 and 18 of the PIC :sad: . Inside setup_pic18f452_mbfm_v1.asm i set AOUT_INTERFACE_TYPE 2 and all four AOUT_LC_RESOLUTION_OPTION_Mx to 1.

I think i have done everything correctly, but clearly there is a mistake somewhere, could anyone please help me track it down?

to check if my aout_lc modules are ok, i have downloaded the aout test project from the svn (/trunk/apps/troubleshooting/sdcc_aout_test/)

modified the main.c to output a saw wave, set the pin for the aout the same as in midiboxfm directly into the 74hc595 driver, compiled and it works as supposed, so the problem is not in the circuit.

ok, Maybe i 've got it...

since i don't have the control surface, i can't access the internal settings of the synthesizer, hence i can't set the parameters in the AOUT page of the menu :sweat:

Edit

all the parameters in the AOUT page have an initial value that is written somewhere in the source code of the application, so it should be possible to set them properly once and for all and get my CVs working. But where should i look exactly? :huh:

Edited by Giovanni