My SeqV4L in Matte black acrylic

Altitude

This has been on my todo list for a while but could never get a spark going to get it done until I discovered square button caps (lame, I know, but it worked). The results:

seq4lb.jpg
seq4la.jpg

Got the case pretty much right the first time (SD card holes need to be moved back a bit) and I'll post the part numbers, case file, and other relevant bits shortly.

Edited by Altitude

Looks nice Altitude. I like the tight design.

Edit:

Just saw the new pics in the gallery. That v4L on the side looks awesome :cool:

when i first put those on it was pretty clear that there needed to be something to fill the cutout. Solution: anti static bags, transparent when looking directly at them, silver when at an angle :)

when i first put those on it was pretty clear that there needed to be something to fill the cutout. Solution: anti static bags, transparent when looking directly at them, silver when at an angle :smile:

Ah ok, i thought you maybe made it with 2 pieces of acrylic behind eachother. But this is much cheaper and looks great.

Did you use the 1SBLK caps?

Edited by Shuriken

Do those switches fit on the pcb nicely? The ones on the bom from reichelt just fit so so. I think the footprint is a bit off on those.

The foot prints are definitely wrong on that board for the standard 6mm tacts.  They technically fit but the vertical spacing of the pads is off so the legs get bent out at angles (you probably already discovered that), it was a pain in the ass to get them all to fit consistently enough to get everything to fit the front panel.  Thankfully, the caps could be put on after the front panel is installed so that help quite a bit.  I have a bunch of various 6mm tacts left over from other projects and all had the same fit as the Omron parts 

Edited by Altitude

Yeah, same thing here. I am basically waiting to solder them until i have a frontpanel so that i can line them up properly. But like you i have been waiting for that spark. I did generate a box a while back (can't remember which website). But after some troubles with converting the box pdf to svg i kinda parked the project :whistle:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...