Complete control surface: One knob per parameter

hanton

Hi everybody!

I've been sniffing around here for quite some time now, planning to build a MIDIbox SID; but never getting around to it.
I'm sorry if this question has been answered before; I spent some time searching the forum, but couldn't find an answer.

Is it possible to make a one knob/switch per parameter control surface?

I realize that there would probably have to be different labels for different engines/modes,
but there are never more than 128 parameters in use per engine, right?
I also realize that this would probably require some programming, but how much, I'm not sure.
Btw, I'm NOT going to jump into this right away. I'll probably build the minimal control surface first,
and then try and build something more comprehensive as a long-term project. :wink:

Also:
The MIDIbox SID uses a PIC-core only, right?
So I cannot use the more advanced feature set of the newer cores with the SID module?

- HÃ¥vard :happy:

Edited by hanton

Hi,

actually there are more than 500 parameters, see also http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsynthesizers%2Fmidibox_sid_v2%2Fdoc%2Fmbsidv2_sysex_implementation.txt

Or have a look into the Editor: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_manual_ed.html

The MIDIbox SID uses a PIC-core only, right?
So I cannot use the more advanced feature set of the newer cores with the SID module?

yes

Best Regards, Thorsten.