vu meters.....again

sidysm

I have been meaning to get round to building an MBHP MC with a few extras for quite some time now and have just about resigned myself to the fact I aint ever gonna have the time.

I have decided to give up in part and buy a mackie control in the new year, although someday I'm gonna build that killer controller.

However I NEED peak vu's on every channel to allow me to visually monitor my signals without the PC monitor and so wondered if anyone had successfully implemented this into a MC clone yet.

What I want is a a means to build a vu meter to put between the computer and mackie and as I have 2 cores I wanted to build one.

What I would need would be a mckie vu and mackie xt vu.

The main unit would need at least 18 LED bars 8 stereo channels and 1 stereo master out, and a midi monitor LCD, the xt' would require only 16 bar LEDs for 8 stereo channels.

The potentially hard part is that they would need some way to correspond to always match what the controller was set to.

I know sx has an output in generic remote for the meters and wondered if anyone had tried using this yet.

I was the thinking the 64E firmware could be adapted to use the douts only as the metering, has or could someone test if 16e/64e could do this with sx/nuendo.

If implentable I was planning on 16 led bars of 10 green 4 yellow and 2 red, should 16 steps be possible?

Although I plan it as an add on to a real mackie it would be a useful addon to anyone with a mios clone, and who knows mackie may finally give thorsten a big thankyou cheque since they ripped off banksticks for the universal.