problem with JDM and PIC16F84A

Guest janos

Hi all,

i've built a JDM programmer about one year ago and used it once to program(with icprog) an IR reciever on a pic 16f84A and it worked

But now, i need to program two other pics (16f84A) using icprog and i can't program them

icprog reads all 3FFFh but can't program it :"error at adress 0000h"

i've tried to change io_delays but it doesn't seem to be useful

i've watched many forums about problems with the JDM and tried a few things but it still fail. i haven't modified the JDM itself because i'm sure it is a software problem.

in the windows serial port options , do i have to enable hardware flow control or not

my settings are : 9600bauds - no parity - 8 bits - 1 stop bit - no flow control

i've tried one 3 pcs (including the one i used one year ago) and it doesn't work

can someone help me?

sorry for my english, it sucks because i'm french

Hi all,

i've built a JDM programmer about one year ago and used it once to program(with icprog) an IR reciever on a pic 16f84A and it worked

But now, i need to program two other pics (16f84A) using icprog and i can't program them

icprog reads all 3FFFh but can't program it :"error at adress 0000h"

i've tried to change io_delays but it doesn't seem to be useful

i've watched many forums about problems with the JDM and tried a few things but it still fail. i haven't modified the JDM itself because i'm sure it is a software problem.

in the windows serial port options , do i have to enable hardware flow control or not

my settings are : 9600bauds - no parity - 8 bits - 1 stop bit - no flow control

i've tried one 3 pcs (including the one i used one year ago) and it doesn't work

can someone help me?

sorry for my english, it sucks because i'm french

This is how I got my JDM programmer (for PIC16F84s) going (scroll down to section with orange background):

http://www.talkingelectronics.com/FreeProjects/MultiChipPgmr/MultiChipPgmr-P3.html

You don't need to change serial port settings in Device Manager. JDM doesn't work like that - it's not doing RS232 communications.

Also: just because the hardware worked a year ago is no guarantee there's not a problem now. Maybe there's a broken track or bad solder joint. Use the JDM troubleshooting guide to verify programming voltages and IC-Prog configuration.

This is how I got my JDM programmer (for PIC16F84s) going (scroll down to section with orange background):

http://www.talkingelectronics.com/FreeProjects/MultiChipPgmr/MultiChipPgmr-P3.html

You don't need to change serial port settings in Device Manager. JDM doesn't work like that - it's not doing RS232 communications.

Also: just because the hardware worked a year ago is no guarantee there's not a problem now. Maybe there's a broken track or bad solder joint. Use the JDM troubleshooting guide to verify programming voltages and IC-Prog configuration.