Step sequencer software?

Guest durak

Hi!

I want to use my midibox buttons the way you use ones in drum machines, tb-303 etc.

So are there any vst drum machines with step sequencers or just plain step sequencers out there? And especially ones that have midi implementation on the buttons. (For example redrum in reason does not have :/)

I'm sure there's software that has a step sequencing function, but i guess it's not that common. Since the days of music software we're getting used to programming visually. Allthough i like step sequencing, i also feel it's out of date and i guess a lot of software developers think the same. All VST compatible host software have graphic interfaces which provide a far more faster workflow and even simplified editing like a simple function as deleting notes. The step sequencer on the TB303 is hell compared to the the step sequencer of the SR-16. Some can't even go back the change your arrangement and you simply have to go to the end of the pattern and redo the sequence. With graphical interfaces there's no need for all this.

But when i read your second post, i get the idea that you want the same (realtime) sequencing style as on a MC303/MC505/TR707/Electribe and similar machines, which is not the same type as used on the TB303.

Maybe it's possible with Rebirth? I'm not sure though.

You could also write the needed software yourself ;D

Although it's not supported anymore, maybe the old TechnoToys software can help you out like XG909 or SEQ-303 and software like those. Technotoys have quit making software, but if you look around for it you'll probably still find it. And i got it on cdrom somewhere with all the cracks and stuff like that. I guess it doesn't matter if you search for cracks and stuff like that for this particular software, because the software isn't supported anymore anyway.

It's always worth to try...

xg909.jpg

Or maybe this one:

Revolve 100m

Additional info: Harmony Central

Quote from Harmony Central: Both the 103 Bassline and 109 Drummer offer MIDI/Computer Remote Control

But Revolve isn't supported anymore either like the Technotoys software. But once again it's still around there on the internet and maybe i have it on cdrom too if i start digging betweeen my cdroms ;D

revolve.gif