Question about leds & push buttons

Guest echelon

Guest echelon

Hello,

I'm ready with my controller design but before I 'give birth' to this piece of hardware I do have a question about the behaviour of leds combined with buttons.

My design does have leds 'chained' with each other.

First of all I use ON buttons when pushed they are ON. When released they return in the OFF position.

Can the following be achived:

If button 1 is pressed led 1 lights up and stays ON even when I release button 1.

Is this possible even when I use the push buttons as described above?

Now when I  press button 3 with led 1 still ON led 1 has to  go out and led 3 has to light up.

When I press button 2 with led 3 still ON led 3 has to go out and led 2 has to light up...etc

So even when I use a momentary buttons I want the leds act like they are triggered by on-off switches.

Is it possible to 'chain' the leds in a row? How do you design this within MIOS?

I hope you get an idea.

Can someone help me out with this.

Thanx  ;D

Echelon

• 3 weeks later...
Guest echelon

My program only receives midi...it doesn't send any midi messages.

The only thing I want to achieve is when I push a button I want 2 see on my midibox which button I did  push the last time.

The buttons on my midibox correspond with the ones used in my prog. A few of them are 'chained' with each other. Only one of them can be selected at a time.

So when I switch from button to button on my midibox the corresponding leds have to 'follow' the buttons I push.

..... ???

..... thinking....

.... :D

@ this moment of writing I think this could easily been archieved without the use a a midi protocol. It' just plain electronica......a parallel led-chain connected with the buttons....