Momentary buttons with in-built LED's

adamjking

Hi all,

I'm looking around at the moment for pushbuttons to use with my midibox hardware controller. I want to use momentary buttons as well as LED's, and was wondering if anyone sells momentary buttons with in-built LED's. I think the led would have to have seperate solder tags to the switch for the led to be controlled by MIOS.

Does anyone know if such a product exists?

yes theese do exist. i was considering ordering some myself and marked the page in my Mouser catalog.

of course there are many othersI'm sure.

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=362490&e_categoryid=142&e_pcodeid=01016

there is a data sheet there. seperate pins for the led and switch. spst off(on)  the (on) indicates momentary.

Ahh, thanks. I think this is what I want:

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=359509&e_categoryid=142&e_pcodeid=01007

Round, momentary switch with built in LED - tho I can't tell from the datasheet (http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/0110105.pdf) whether there are seperate pins for the LED.

arumblack: Yeah, I was thinking the smae thing with the + and - pins. Its just not clearly stated like it is on the datasheet of the ones you were looking at.

Xsou, yes I saw the mec switches in the Farnell catalog. They look very cool but at about AU$ 11.00 each they are too pricey. How many do they send in a sample request?

Cheers.

Thanks DriftZ - I like the look of the transparent cap as well!

Looking on the Farnell site, it looks as though they sell just the switch body for about AU$ 4.10 (Part No. 3FTL6). But when it comes with an LED, the price goes up to about AU$ $9.01 (eg Part No. 3FTL620).

Couldn't I just buy the switch bodies, transparent caps and buy LED's seperately in bulk? The body (3FTL6) can still accept LED's can't it?

Guest jimminy

I'm thinking the same thing for the mute and solo state.  But how is this wired?  its a momentary switch, so  assume MIOS has to tell the light when to be on and off.

What will need to be actually done to get this working?  Anyone...?

Couldn't I just buy the switch bodies, transparent caps and buy LED's seperately in bulk? The body (3FTL6) can still accept LED's can't it?

Yes you can, on the switchbody fit all different kinds of caps, if you choose for a transparent cap, you can fit in a 3mm LED of your choice (color/brightness), the switchbody has openings where the legs of the LED go through. You solder the legs of the LEDs on the PCB.

I'm thinking the same thing for the mute and solo state.  But how is this wired?  its a momentary switch, so  assume MIOS has to tell the light when to be on and off.

The switch itself connects to the DIN(X4) module, the LED connects to the DOUT(X4) module.

hope that explains,

best,

DriftZ