what is this stuff anyway?

Guest analouge

Guest analouge

As a fresh user here - in a forum at a page I stumbled over almost by accident and found very interesting and nice, could someone please enlighten me? :)

I was just wondering.... what exactley do the midibox stuff do? how can I as a musician use the different things... I am a SID fan - SO I'll build one of those, but the midibox64 i.e. - what is it used for? I read something about every project, but I dont understand what the different things do yet, please help... :-[

in a nutshell:

The MidiBox projects (Midibox64, NG, etc) are Midi-controllers.

They send midi data that can be used to control harware synths or softsynths/audio apps (Reason, Live, Logic, Cubase...)

You can use a number of input means (buttons, potentiometers, encoders) and those are translated to midi events like note-on/off, pitchbend, control value etc...

cheers!

Just to add to the Captain's statements, the Midibox can do everything midi. you can convert control voltages to midi,use midi to triger relay's(and then whatever is attached to them, lights, fog machine, watermellon cannon.....).Me I am building a few SID's they sound great! I also plan to build the seq, and a couple custom boxes to ad controls to some old synths i have which sound great, but only have some buttons and a single control for the whole synth engine( what were they thinking back in the 80's???)