Multiple Cores Help

stryd_one

Hey all,

Firstly, gee it's nice to be back!

On a more geeky note ;) ...

As some of you are aware, I've been working on a custom sequencer based on MBSEQ/MIOS... The work that it needs to do, and the memory required, is a bit much for a single PIC, so I'll need to use at least 2 (probably more like 3 I think)... This leaves me with a few questions. A good friend of mine is a real expert on these kind of things, but I'd still appreciate some advice from the forum, cause you guys really know your stuff!

Is there already support within MIOS for 2 or more Cores to simultaneously access additional memory (EEPROM or flash or whatever, the bigger and faster, the better)?

Has anyone seen the IDE interface code on the PICList site? Anyone know if it will work with MIOS? an IDE hard disk could be really handy...

Also, I'm trying to figure out just how to spread the work over 2 or more cores...

So far I figure that I'll have to use a main core that controls the others using MBLink to communicate, but I'm not sure how to figure out how much memory and utilization each core will be able to handle, so I'm not sure how to arrange the code over the separate PIC's. Is there some easy method for calculating these things?

I hope I'm making sense here  :-/

Thanks for any help you can give