LCD Problems

Guest komodo

Guest komodo

Hi everybody,

I've just build a core module, i think all is fine except the lcd. I've a 2x20 lcd (with KS0066) but in 4 bit mode(connect to D4-D7 of the 18F) . Can i connect it to a core with mios 1.7 (without modifying anything) ? I've connect it and got weird characters (OO/ooo) on the two lines.

i've another problem. In order to test my core module, I've upload mbhp_tv_v1_3.zip with midi ox and when i plug this in my tv set, i see alternatively the logo mbhp then black screen (half a second each).

Sorry if it's not clear, my english is so bad, i'm on reunion island (french) in the middle of the indian ocean (yes there are midibox here)...

Guest komodo

Hi everybody,

I've just build a core module, i think all is fine except the lcd. I've a 2x20 lcd (with KS0066) but in 4 bit mode(connect to D4-D7 of the 18F) . Can i connect it to a core with mios 1.7 (without modifying anything) ? I've connect it and got weird characters (OO/ooo) on the two lines.

i've another problem. In order to test my core module, I've upload mbhp_tv_v1_3.zip with midi ox and when i plug this in my tv set, i see alternatively the logo mbhp then black screen (half a second each).

Sorry if it's not clear, my english is so bad, i'm on reunion island (french) in the middle of the indian ocean (yes there are midibox here)...