Trimmers for AOUT

arumblack

Hi,

Reading from Murata datasheet, it says "industrial standard" ;) So, searching for "multiturn & cermet" should yield results.. (at least Bourns makes them also.)

Just watch for the component footprint and being "top adjustable"

Bye, Moebius

p.s. Murata model number is PV37W series, and exact part is PV37W501C1B00..

Hey..

I looked for it-- and there are plenty of choices, but no murata there?!? ;)  SO, these seemed most suitable:

Mouser part # 72-T63YB-500

Mouser part # 652-3266W-1-501

The one is 12 turn and the other is 15 turn.. I guess both give you enough resolution and are less likely to cause Carpal Tunnel syndrome, than 25 turn ones ;)

Bye, Moebius

Thanks, those are among the options I came up with this morningafter checking the spacing on the eagle .brd file and checking my mouser catalog. I was going to use the 25 turn ones for greater precision. I should not need to be adjusting them a lot should I? They just fine tune the voltage  of the cv out right?

thanks for the help, I really didn't expect all that, but it's good to know that I am capable of selecting a part that will fit!

Thanks again,

AB

p.s., they did have murata's, but not the ones in the 500 ohm thru hole package, and cheap.....

really now, how much better is the 15 dollar trimmer than the 2.5 dollar one?

I was going to use the 25 turn ones for greater precision. I should not need to be adjusting them a lot should I? They just fine tune the voltage  of the cv out right?

Thought it again and actually 25 turns is a good idea :D Those trimmers set scaling of the CV out.. and you should have to adjust those rarely... (Or once when you power up an analog synth and twice during a session.. just kiddin' ;) - hopefully)

Bye, Moebius

really now, how much better is the 15 dollar trimmer than the 2.5 dollar one?

Maybe nothing? But you see, those 15 dollar ones are spec'd to MIL standards, have gone thru some extensive testing ect..  Where in the hell did you think mil. budget goes? ..those electronic industry guys just ain't close enough friends of BEEP, so they don't get payed for nothing... ;D

..no offence..

None taken.

this country spends way too much on some things.

but really the millitary pays 25 dollars for those 15 dollar trimmers, on paper anyway.the extra 10 goes for "black ops"..... just like the 10,000 dollar toilet seats, and 200 dollar allen wrenches........etc.

I think I will use the 25 turn ones. bout a dime cheaper anyway.........