Powering MBHP Core & SID w/C64

k-rite

Hello there, I'm a newbie to midibox.  I've been looking at all types of documentation trying to understand how to power 1 MBHP Core & 1 SID.  I'm trying to do just the very basic setup to learn a bit.

The way I understand it is, I can take 5Vdc from the C64 PSU to J1 on the Core and 12Vac from the C64 PSU to J1 of the SID and both circuits will be powered?  Do I have to connect power to anywhere else?  I was looking at the schmetic of "how to connect a C64 PSU to the Core and SID" and I just got confused with all the different power connections.  The schmetic shows two switches, can I just use 1 switch?

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

The way I understand it is, I can take 5Vdc from the C64 PSU to J1 on the Core and 12Vac from the C64 PSU to J1 of the SID and both circuits will be powered?  Do I have to connect power to anywhere else?  I was looking at the schmetic of "how to connect a C64 PSU to the Core and SID" and I just got confused with all the different power connections.  The schmetic shows two switches, can I just use 1 switch?

just follow the schematic http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_4xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf

if you have only one core+sid-->  look at the core4sid4 connections

you need the 2 switches if you want to be able to turn your sid off (without having to pull out the power supply)

it switches both the supplies (9V, 5V) off so both modules will be off. single switch is asking for trouble...

good thing is that you can buy switches which have 2 switches inside (SPDT? i never get these terms right..)

anyway good luck, marcel

good thing is that you can buy switches which have 2 switches inside (SPDT? i never get these terms right..)

2 switches inside one switch!!!  Awsome!  What will the come up with next. ;D

Thanks for the help, I should be able to get this thing powered.