Trouble getting Mbox Sid going.

msi

I have a sid midibox all ready to go, but I can't seem to get it working.  I've tested all the voltages and they all seem to be working.  I've used midi-OX but the core module doesn't seem to be sending or receiving midi data.  I've got a pic that had the bootstrap loaded by SmashTV.  I'm not sure if its a problem with my assembly or with the pic/sid at this point.  Anyone have suggetions?

Hi,

The SID can´t be the reason as the connection is one-way, so the core doesn´t even know if a SID is there. Just to be sure, first try to get the core running without the MBSID module connected. Damaged PICs are also quite uncommon as long as you didn´t e.g. put it in the socket the wrong way. First double check the MIDI out connection. If the PIC has the bootloader, it has to send something as long as the voltages are right and there´s no problem with the quartz. Check if the MIDI out data wires are connected the right way and if there´s connection to the corresponding pins of the PIC. Also check that Midi-Ox has any input filtering disabled.

Seppoman

I've checked the wiring of the Midi out port and it seems to be ok.  I am getting 5v on both the outside pins when compaired the the middle ground pin.  This is also showing up on jack 11 and the PICs TX pin.  There is no midi out data being shown through Midi-OX.  I have taken the SID out, because I don't want to damage it.  The sid board is still connected to the core though.  This is an image of the board with the jacks labled.

mboxsid.jpg

I found out the Midi jacks were wired wrong.  Once I flipped the conncetions, the Core sent it's ready message, and accepted the Mios sysex file.  Now that the core seems to be working fine, I'm going to work on getting the sid module to kick out some jams.