Baffled by the "monster boxes" ??

Jidis

Should be some easy yes/no questions. I was mentioning one of these to Dave in the assembler forum-

Those giant boxes in the gallery with the 2x40's have parameters chopped into perfect channel sized columns. Is this available with the regular MB apps?

I've also seen additional MTC/clock displays. Is this from a separate MIDIMon circuit or something, or can you get the MTC to output to LEDs if you have enough free shifts?

Where are the channel meter signals coming from?

Are the "emulating" apps modular at the hardware level, or do they require an exact cloning of the motorized faders, number of controls, etc.?

-Thanks!

George

PS- I'm guessing maybe I'll need to switch to an emulation to get some of this. I'm not even sure Nuendo spits any MIDI out while solo/muting with the mouse, so there would be no means of LED indication on an external device.

Hey George

Please read everything on ucapps.de "MidiBox LC"

Those giant boxes in the gallery with the 2x40's have parameters chopped into perfect channel sized columns. Is this available with the regular MB apps?

... I think it's ready to download

I've also seen additional MTC/clock displays. Is this from a separate MIDIMon circuit or something, or can you get the MTC to output to LEDs if you have enough free shifts?

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_lc/midibox_lc_leddigits.pdf

Where are the channel meter signals coming from?

... from the MIDI Out of your host to... http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_lc/midibox_lc_ledrings_meters.pdf

Are the "emulating" apps modular at the hardware level, or do they require an exact cloning of the motorized faders, number of controls, etc.?

... you don't have to build all of the controls but you're limited by the possibilities of your host or the LC protocol

I'm guessing maybe I'll need to switch to an emulation to get some of this. I'm not even sure Nuendo spits any MIDI out while solo/muting with the mouse, so there would be no means of LED indication on an external device. 

... it does

Greets, Roger

Roger,

Thanks a bunch. I guess an emu is going to give me the tightest two way communication with my host. What I meant with the solo lights was that under a generic remote connection in Nuendo I wasn't sure if there'd be a message. I'm sure I'd be fine with the LC. It's also good to see that it's got all that metering and MTC built in, but I'm already struggling with learning the regular MIOS stuff. I'll read up on it, but if there's a way I can save the LC for my second (main control) box and can spread the parameters across a 2x40 on an MB64, I may only need that for this one. I'm anxious to get to the control layout, so I need to see where the LCD stuff is going to land (my guts are currently a Greg board and three proto boards with CAT5 wire jumping all across the table blocking the controls - it looks like a pile of seaweed)

I didn't realize there was a second schematic for the LED digits either. I've got the MIDIMon version mapped to a board only slightly larger than the 8 digits, with the 595's on there with it. I'll look over the LC digit layout to see if there's any of it I can use from mine.

-Thanks Again!

George

PS- I bought some green 2 digit/7 segments recently, and the bastards aren't pin compatible with all the others I've seen (or my layout). Good thing to check if you use an Eagle library item for some. My other board had too many jumpers anyway  ;)

What I meant with the solo lights was that under a generic remote connection in Nuendo I wasn't sure if there'd be a message.

Well I did some playing around tonight, and it seems there are flags for send AND receive in the generic assignment listing. I had never needed it before. I was then able to get the MB64 buttons in toggle mode along with an LED status indicator and got them to pick up the same button signal from Nuendo, so it looks like I'm set. It also got the fader values just like my CS-10, which was cool for "snap" mode. Steinberg's generic editor is a very underrated beast. My intended "solo's" will actually happen in the "send" section of the audio channels, so they'll really have to be a "disable all the other channels" type of signal. If that looks impossible, I may just go with mute buttons/lights that disable the different sends.

I'm thinking it may be the easiest route just to stick with a 64 for this, even if I bump back to a 2x16. 

-George