midi air-guitar

iamlark

so, i'm hoping that i'm posting this in the right forum.

from these forums, i came across this website - www.spectrasymbol.com

looking through their products, they had this - http://www.spectrasymbol.com/sensors.html

then i got to thinking, what could you do with these babies?

well, how about an air-guitar midi controller?

what i'm thinking is, they could be built into gloves (not a new concept). each finger on the right hand could control notes, while the left hand could be like pitch bends for the corresponding finger/note from the right. hook this guy up with floorboard unit to control parameters (and your synth) and i think you would be set.

just wanted to throw that out there.

... Funny, I'm trying my hardest to think of something witty and Bill & Ted related right now, but can't..  Ironic really.

Sounds like it'd be cool.  I'd use it to controll synths more than play guitar tho.  I as well have been inspiried by what spectra symbol has to offer, many a good idea floating around in my head.

... Funny, I'm trying my hardest to think of something witty and Bill & Ted related right now, but can't..  Ironic really.

STATION!!

if i ever feel adventurous enough to build it, that will be it's name.

yeah, i too really like the stuff that spectra has. i was think it would be really cool to build my SID with a membrane switch type front panel, but, i can only imagine how expensive it would be.

but man, that would be cool.

i ordered some samples from them (XY controller + touch sensor) and i'm hoping i'll be able to use them in this project.