Midibox SID question

leelinn

Finally i have started to build my midibox_2xSID. IIt's a very exciting experince for a guy without electronic skills like me. And this is the reason i'm writing : i need help.

This is what i need to know.

About mbhp_2xSID_C64_PSU

Is it possible to use :

-KBLI0 AC instead of B40C800 ?

-2200uF/35V instead of 2200uF/25V &2200uF/16V;  2200uF/16V of last SID to reduce digital noise hum?

About MBHP_JDM

Is it possible to use:

-22uF/63V instead of 22uF/16V?

About ground connection

Mbhp_sid, Mbhp_ltc, Mbhp_DINX4 require some ceramic caps (100nF) under the pcb: how do i make the connection? where is  the    ground of pcb? (is it  any part without printed track?) About cermaic caps 100n, i found a different type of caps: they are 100nF but my dealer called them "multilayer" (I’m not sure about translation; 104/CSK - 523/RSA this is what is wrote above). Do u know them? Can i use them without problem?

Every pdf scheme files show me some ground connections: do I have to realize them too?

Isolated connection of Mbhp_dinx4

The gif  file is not so clear: do i make a bridge between hole under 74HC165 and CLI/15 of IC?

Styroflex caps

It's impossible to find this kind of caps: i have the 470pF styroflex for SID 6581 but i have not the two caps for SID 8580. What can i do?  Can i use a different and more common caps?

CORE module

after build this module, i note that under thc pic socket there is an hole (this is near the pin 22).

i found a pdf file called power fix: What is it?

10k resistor can be removed from new project: in this case the 2 holes remain free or do i have to shorted them?

Burning pic

I don't understand if i need to soldering  the 10k resistor at pin RB3 to programming a new pic.

tnx to everyone for patient

This is what i need to know.

About mbhp_2xSID_C64_PSU

Is it possible to use :

-KBLI0 AC instead of B40C800 ?

don´t know this part - if it´s another diode rectifier, probably yes.

-2200uF/35V instead of 2200uF/25V &2200uF/16V;  2200uF/16V of last SID to reduce digital noise hum?

Yes, you can always use higher voltage caps - it´s just the voltage they can endure without going bad or blowing up :)

About MBHP_JDM

Is it possible to use:

-22uF/63V instead of 22uF/16V?

see above

About ground connection

Mbhp_sid, Mbhp_ltc, Mbhp_DINX4 require some ceramic caps (100nF) under the pcb: how do i make the connection? where is   the    ground of pcb? (is it  any part without printed track?)

The ground plane is e.g. the big copper area surrounding the boards. If you have a multimeter, take e.g. the negative leg of the big caps or the middle one of the 7805/09 and check which traces have direct connection to there. Just put the caps one leg to the IC pin specified and the other one to a nearby ground trace.

But you could also leave these out - I never put these caps onto my boards and never encountered any problem.

About cermaic caps 100n, i found a different type of caps: they are 100nF but my dealer called them "multilayer" (I’m not sure about translation; 104/CSK - 523/RSA this is what is wrote above). Do u know them? Can i use them without problem?

I´d say they´re ok.

Every pdf scheme files show me some ground connections: do I have to realize them too?

What connections exactly? Just build the boards using the .gif files - the only connections not taken into consideration on the boards are the ones with the bypass caps (100n). All other ground connections are there on the boards.

Isolated connection of Mbhp_dinx4

The gif  file is not so clear: do i make a bridge between hole under 74HC165 and CLI/15 of IC?

Yes.

Styroflex caps

It's impossible to find this kind of caps: i have the 470pF styroflex for SID 6581 but i have not the two caps for SID 8580. What can i do?  Can i use a different and more common caps?

I think the main reason Thorsten chose Styroflex is they have more precise values. Before he changed this they were normal ceramic caps. I´ve tried both and didn´t notice a really big difference between Styroflex and ceramic (they´re responsible for the SID filter).

CORE module

after build this module, i note that under thc pic socket there is an hole (this is near the pin 22).

Just ignore it. Before MIOS 1.7 the extra connection under the board from J4 was to pin 22 instead of 28, so this was to solder the wire onto.

i found a pdf file called power fix: What is it?

Which file do you mean?

10k resistor can be removed from new project: in this case the 2 holes remain free or do i have to shorted them?

Which resistor do you mean?

Burning pic

I don't understand if i need to soldering  the 10k resistor at pin RB3 to programming a new pic.

Which programmer do you use?

Seppoman