My MIDIbox SID project (help needed: clocking the SID synchronous to the PIC)

Nestle

Keep an eye out on eBay for crappy old keyboards that you can rip to bits... I see a good cheap casio POS for less than $30 about 5 times a week. I scored a nice 49 key MIDIMan controller for $7 :)

True true!

Maybe I can make a built-in keyboard after all then!! In my case there is around 45 cm space for keyboard. I would be ace if I wouldnt need a separate controller.

Is it difficult to save working midi out and keys from synth?

At the moment I try to figure if it is possible to add midi-out jack into M-Audio eKeys that is just perfect for my needs, minus midi, of course  :-\

Nestle

Is it difficult to save working midi out and keys from synth?

At the moment I try to figure if it is possible to add midi-out jack into M-Audio eKeys that is just perfect for my needs, minus midi, of course  :-\

Nah it's a piece of cake, you're just re-casing it really, no electronic alterations necessary...

The signal is probably generated straight from the input pins of the chip to USB, so it's unlikely that there's a non-USB midi signal anywhere near it... You're probably after a USB-MIDI Interface, not sure if the MBHP USB module would be suitable?

Nah it's a piece of cake, you're just re-casing it really, no electronic alterations necessary...

The signal is probably generated straight from the input pins of the chip to USB, so it's unlikely that there's a non-USB midi signal anywhere near it... You're probably after a USB-MIDI Interface, not sure if the MBHP USB module would be suitable?

I think it is easier to find some small used midi synth and make most of it. It is just so frustrating to know that there is a perfect keyboard for 49 euros, but only without midi. Is it possible to make midi keyboard ot of synth that does not have midi out? I mean, isn't most of the synths still controlled internally via midi?

Gotta keep searching or pick another case that can hold a bit longer keyboard.

I found Casio CZ-1000 for 10 euros to fill my keyboard controller problem.  8)

I have decised to change my casing plans, and will use my old SX-64 as a case for my midibox.

Now I am ready for control surface, it will be a busy week!

Roope

Ps. Still, about clocking the SID synchronous to the PIC, is it for real or have this bug softfixed in latest software? Plz plz plz  :P

Ps. Still, about clocking the SID synchronous to the PIC, is it for real or have this bug softfixed in latest software? Plz plz plz  :P

It's for real. You'll have to use clock from the PIC to ensure SID register updates to be syncronized.

Moebius

It's for real. You'll have to use clock from the PIC to ensure SID register updates to be syncronized.

Moebius

Thanks, I will do that. Just needed confirmation.

I got this today:

cz1000.jpg

I think it will make a good companion for MidiBOX SID ;)

Nestle