DOUT Module ?????

Guest mferolla

Guest mferolla

Im starting my new MidiBox 64, and I dont know much of electronics, I would like to now if someone can explain me witch is the real funtion of the DOUT Module, and what happend if dont do it!?

Thnaks in advance

DOUT Module lets you connect LED's on your midibox. They reacts when you push buttons (DIN module). DOUT Module isn't necessary but it's usefull to see the status of a button (on/off) or of a track (mute/solo). For more information on how DOUT module works see this topic: http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=concepts;action=display;num=1044220843;start=4#4

Hope it helps... :)

Best Regards

hi cyril,

Does the LED link to push buttons is mandatory ?

I mean, can i have the LEDs lit when midi in (note on for example) is received ?

i want to build a VU-meter inside my midi, so i'd have an external device sending the required messages for the leds to lit.

is it possible ?

RAF

Hi RAF!

Some people here have already succeeded to use led bargraph (VU-meter) to show sound signal level with Cubase SX. See this topic : http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=concepts;action=display;num=1039632633

But I think it's only possible with Midibox 16E (and you have to take care of midi bandwidth).

The idea is really cool...  ;)

I Think I'll try to build it on my next Midibox!

I read this topic one more time(http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=concepts;action=display;num=1044220843;start=4#4) and Thorsten wrote:

With LED maps you can mix the DIN->DOUT assignments like you want. And it is also possible to assign the DOUTs to other functions:

DOUTx <= MIDI status of DINx only (necessary for the emulation modes, where solely the host application has to control the LEDs)

DOUTx <= internal/external Bank number (in theory, also a LED digit could be driven by one DOUT register)

I'm still wondering if the Midibox 64 firmware enables to control LED's with the host application to display track volume... :-/

I have one DOUT module which means that I can connect 32 LED's. But I'm only using 20 LED's to display buttons status. Can I use the last 12 LED's to display a master bargraph for instance?

If not, can I build a Midibox 16E (which means 1 Core Module with Midibox 16E firmware and one DOUT module) without encoders, functions buttons and LCD, to display 16 tracks volume, how do I link it (via MIDI) to the Midibox 64 and can I control it with the Midibox 64?

Excuse me, that's a lot of questions and I don't know if they're clear enough...

we have the same goal here.

I just want to warn you in a way : if you want to monitor the master volume (wich is AUDIO level  :P), there is no manner for the midibox to know about it until you feed the midi in with some midi data representative of this level.

I you build a dedicated midibox16E, you will probably succeed as the firmware does have Ledrings (compared to the Mb64); until we are using MIOS ;) wich should be capable of both at the same time.

For your information, i own a "Chameleon" wich is a prgrammable DSP made by Soundart (http://www.soundart-hot.com). I'll use it with my own software that will convert the "audio in" level into Midi messages dedicated to the midibox led-bargraph.

Just an idea coming to my mind : by adding some code to the firmware, couldn't we monitor the level (voltage) on any Analog input of a AINx module, until we guarantee voltage between 0-5V ?

RAF