Studiomix NRPN´s to CC´s

js

I´ve been working on converting the NRPN´s on my Peavy Studiomix to CC´s, most things are working pretty well so I thought I´d put the code here if somebody could use it.

I´ve used a core module programmed with modified code of the CC examples and so far all the buttons, encoders and faders are sending CC´s.

I´ve connected the core using a midimerger in order to get the core to recive values that are changed in the host app on the computer. The connection is the following:

connection.jpg

The CC that the box are sending are the following:

smcc.jpg

Buttens are sending 127 then pressed and 0 on release.

The box store the encodervalues and change the if the encoder is turned or the host app changes the value.

There are still some things I need to do before im finished, I just need to figure out how. First of all i needto figure out how make the encoders change thier value faster if you turn an encoder fast. Right now they are a bit on the slow side. ( made some code that doubles the speed, but that´s somestimes too fast and not precise.)

I also need to make the jogshuttle working, havn´t started on that yet...

Another thing is that some ofthe encoders are jittering (crappy studiomix) Im still considering changing thee internals with some midibox internals to make it better :)

btw, here´s the source: http://www.home1.stofanet.dk/js/cc/studiomix.rar Im not good at programming and specially not C, so the code is a mess with way to much redundancy. Anyhow it seems to be working and it´s a wonderful feelingwhen you actually manage to get something to work. I can only recomend trying out the possibillities the C interface opens ;)

I´ll post when i get some work on the missing things...

Take care,

Jesper