AIN Sensibility when multiplexed ...

gabz

I agree with you, but why linearizing reduce resolution ??  ???

I linearized the measured result in my host application with a log calculation. It decreased the resolution by a (for me) unacceptible amount. I have no problem with the default behavior: the nearer you get to the sensor, the higher the resolution; in a way this behavior seems quite natural to me.

I don't really understand what you are doing with "tiny resistors" ? Where do you place them and for what ?

Well, that depends on the type of sensor. Maybe I wasn't clear enough: If you have any other AIN-devices connected besides the GP-Distance Sensor and "normal" 10k-Pots, you should check if their wiring is ok;

I talked about correct use of pull-up/pull-down resistors, but that really depends on if and what else you have connected to the AIN module; normally you need pull-up/-down resistors if using resistor-based sensors, eg. pressure- or position-sensors.

This was meant just as an hint, that maybe something else than the GPs could be the reason for extraordinary unpredictable signals.

Do you use a AIN module or do you directly solder on the Core ?

Via AIN module. But I think it makes no big difference besides some code-adjustments.

Again: I'm using two GPs very successfully with the above mentioned C-Code. No Jittering.

I really suggest you take a look at the code. It simply reduces the number of readings without affecting the overall resolution and interpolates the min/max values to 0..127. It also provides a gate for filtering out too low signals.