US source for alps motorfaders

brett

• 3 months later...

thx for the link but $50 a fader seems a bit steep.  I need 25 faders for my setup which would work out to $1100 if I went through Mouser.

What sort of price are you looking for? And have you heard of less?

That sounds fairly reasonable to me, considering what would be involved in one...

-Steve

What sort of price are you looking for?

If that's what the Alps fader is going for I guess I'm looking for the $7 Panasonics.  I just hope a Canadian distributor has some left in stock since Panasonic no longer makes that model.

And have you heard of less?

No...I didn't even know where to find them until you gave me the link.  I've contacted a Canadian distributor for Alps but I'm still waiting for them to get back to me with a price and the min. quantity that I can order.  Their sales rep seems to think that I'll have to buy a 1000.

That sounds fairly reasonable to me, considering what would be involved in one...

So does the Mackie Control for $1000 when comparing it to the $400US for 8 Alps Faders.

If that's what the Alps fader is going for I guess I'm looking for the $7 Panasonics.  I just hope a Canadian distributor has some left in stock since Panasonic no longer makes that model.

Wow, what model are those Panasonics? That sounds cheaper than any other slide pot I've seen.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, not sure where to find that one either...

-Steve

I remember reading a thread here about the Panasonic Rep. saying that that particular fader was no longer in production.  My hope is to find a distributor that still has some in stock here in Canada.

Jason

The Canadian distributor got back to me with a quote of $11.20CDN per Alps RSAON11M9 fader.  I can only buy them in quantities of 100 though. 

I saw that post... That's a pretty nice price. I bet if you offer to ship them to the US (explicitly) you'll find some buyers.

I'd buy some, but I don't think I'll have a use for them.

-Steve

Yeah, definitely sign me up for some Alps motorpots.

Re: Panasonic

I spoke with both a Panasonic Rep and someone from their distributor, and sorry...  At least in the U.S. there aren't any Panasonic motorpots that exist in regular channels (that is, not hiding in a box in the back of some mom-n-pop electronics store in Idaho).

I saw that post... That's a pretty nice price. I bet if you offer to ship them to the US (explicitly) you'll find some buyers.

I'd buy some, but I don't think I'll have a use for them.

-Steve

That's probably the only way it could be done....but I'd have to see more interest before committing.