I think I killed my Core!

tel3

I hooked up a temporary testing setup using some alligator clip leads to try out an '83 6581 SID chip I have recently aquired. The setup was very minimal, consisting of a Core R4C and SID R3 module, LCD screen and no control surface. Everything was powered up with a C-64 PSU connected as described in the mbhp_sid_c64_psu.pdf file. Aside from another 6581 with (typical) non-working filter issues, things were working just fine when I accidently let the unconnected wire on the SID module's J1 power input jumper touch a lead on the PSU circuit's 470uF electrolytic capacitor!!!  :o    The LCD dimmed long enough for me to notice and quickly attempt to pull the unused J1 wire from the Cap's lead. I pulled it away and let it go and it FELL RIGHT BACK ON IT!!!! DAMN!!!  >:( 

So, now when I attempt to power up just the Core, the PIC and 7805 get hot enough to fry eggs on! All of the initial Core voltage checks without the PIC and 6N138 are normal, but when you install the ICs, break out the eggs and bacon!

Anyone have any suggestions? Think I burned up the PIC?  :'(

Thanks, tel3

Just my luck! The bridge rec is getting really hot too...like instantly after applying power, all three are blazing hot!

The PIC and bridge rec are the only ones I can't quickly replace too. the others I can cannibalize from a C64...  ;D