So very far off topic... Or maybe not... El-P

stryd_one

Man... I just had a totally random thought, and you know me, I'm crazy so I couldn't contain my curiosity. I was wondering to myself ...

Am I the only El-P fan around here?

It's kinda on-topic, it's about music ;) heheh nah serious though, sorry for going sooo far OT, but this is a musical community and if some of you are familiar with the man's work I'd be interested in your thoughts on gear for that kind of production. I'm not starting out with producing (heh) or anything, but if you know the music, you know it's a little ...ahh.. different... I think it lends well to custom gear, so I'm fishing for ideas.

Now, back to 'The Cold Vein'  8)

I think some of it is fantastic! So long as it is not trying to be american :) Aussie hiphop is like that too - when it's not trying to be american (with fake american accents and everything! argh!) it can be really good... Have you heard any stuff on Big Dada? That used to be a good label, probably still is...

And nobody can touch "La Haine", probably one of the best hiphop films ever :)

big dada is an english label ,even if they produce TTC, a french group with a great sound.but you're right , we get somegood mcs...

about film , there is another french one, where you will see some french hiphop stuff, it's called "ma 6-t va cracker", this film have been censured by our stupid gouvernment!

moi, j'aime bien le hip-hop parisien.  loping, lazy, cheeky, sly, groovy, wicked cool.  add a dab of politico activist angst and some summer sun and you've got aussie hip hop.  hey stryd, you heard combat wombat? non bossy posse?  TZU?

(Is it really daggy to admit I thought we were going to be talking about how cool Emerson Lake and Palmer are??)

Never have unfortunately... I stay away from the HH scene in Australia, too many boozehounds/druggies/macho-men/chauvanists/producers stuck in 1990's/dole bludger artsy types :( I'm sure I'm missing a few good acts but it's worth it to avoid the bad ones ;)