Midibox SID with 40x2 LCD?

dcer10

Has anyone tried to get a 40x2 LCD working on the SID? I have one here I wish to use with it but noticed in the setup there is no 40x2 in the list. If it can use 2 x 16x2 then 1  x 40x2 should be possible shouldnt it?

Also does anyone know if the SID works with 8 memory modules yet? Ive got one of the 8 chip boards populated and want to fit it :)

Thanks in advance

Also does anyone know if the SID works with 8 memory modules yet? Ive got one of the 8 chip boards populated and want to fit it :)

Yes it works. Quote from the setup_8580.asm

;; select the BankStick type you are using here:
;;    0: "normal" 24LC256 EEPROM (32k), up to 8 EEPROMs can be connected for 8 banks
;;    1: 24LC512 EEPROM (64k), up to 4 EEPROMs can be connected for 8 banks
;;      (it is not possible to mix 32k with 64k EEPROMs, more than 4 64k devices not supported)
#define DEFAULT_BS_TYPE 0
[/code]

I should clarify though, you CAN mix 32k and 64k EEPROMs in "normal" mode, the 64k EEPROMs are treated like a 32k EEPROM (i.e. only uses half). According to the V2 wishlist, 8x 64k EEPROMs will be supported, so there's no point buying 24LC256 chips anymore.