JSynthLib on IntelMac 10.4.7 .... no MIDI interface available?

program_insect

Anybody know why I can't choose a MIDI interface at all in the MIDI Prefs pane of JSynthLib? It's the snapshot provided at ucapps.de, and I'm running it on OS X 10.4.7 on an intel mac. There is an m-audio 2x4 midi interface on USB which works fine in other programs. Do I need to make the USB device visible to Java somehow, or is there a problem with my setup? Thanks.

Uh oh...even though Plumstone made the MIDI interface visible, JSynthLib now crashes whenever an incoming MIDI note is received, even if the MIDI interface is disabled in preferences....it's all Java so it doesn't seem like this would be related to an intel-mac issue...

Well, I guess I'll have to write my own MIDIBox SID editor for native Mac OS X.  ;)

JSynthLib now crashes whenever an incoming MIDI note is received

Can you give us some more information, like a relevant section from the CrashReporter (see -> Console -> CrashReporter)

...and maybe one more hint: I know that although the latest Java Release will be installed on your Mac, you might have to enable it as default runtime, else OS X is using the old ("stable") version. That might be related to your issue. Please search this forum, I had this issue and am sure I posted it somewhere... maybe in the sticky MIOSStudio for Mac-Users Thread?

Cheers,

Michael