Question about Eagle (download version) and silkscreen layer

docbrown

I know I should RTFM, :-[ but I figured someone can just give me a quick answer here in the forum. This should be very easy for someone with Eagle experience.  ;)

Basically, I am trying to print the actual PCB of the Core V3 so that I could make my own PCB, but how do you print the PCB copper layer only with out printing the silkscrenn portion of it?  ???

thanks..

Turn off all the other layers.  In the upper left corner of the There is a button that has 3 colored squares overlapping it.  Click it and make sure only the following are selected:

• Bottom
  • Pads
  • Vias
  • Document

To view the top only, deselect bottom and select top.  Print with the options SOLID and BLACK selected.  You should print the top in reverse (mirror).

Good Luck

Turn off all the other layers.  In the upper left corner of the There is a button that has 3 colored squares overlapping it.  Click it and make sure only the following are selected:

• Bottom
  • Pads
  • Vias
  • Document

To view the top only, deselect bottom and select top.  Print with the options SOLID and BLACK selected.  You should print the top in reverse (mirror).

Good Luck

Thanks.. ;D ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...

For best results you should really be rendering the PCB into a series of PostScript files via the CAM processor. You can define a job to export all the different layers you need as separate PS files, then those can be brought into something like Adobe Illustrator and cleaned up (if need be) or printed.

Just remember to export them with drill holes in the center of the pads, else you'll have one hell of a time drilling them.

• 3 weeks later...

For best results you should really be rendering the PCB into a series of PostScript files via the CAM processor. You can define a job to export all the different layers you need as separate PS files, then those can be brought into something like Adobe Illustrator and cleaned up (if need be) or printed.

Just remember to export them with drill holes in the center of the pads, else you'll have one hell of a time drilling them.

Thanks for the tips!!

Question about paper size printing in Eagle.

When I select print, I noticed that the paper size that Eagle defaults to is A4, How can I change the printing default to LTR?

The reason is, here in the US, LTR is the common paper size in use by most of printer, fax and copier machines. So everytime I send a print job to the printer, it keeps asking for "to insert A4 paper". :(

thanks.

This is handled by the print driver. Check the default there. Everything defaults to letter for me.

-Steve

Oh,, I got it.. ;D Sorry for that dumb a$$ questions. :-[ I was looking around Eagle Control Panel for that settings. I should have consulted the KISS rule!!

At least I gain a few points for this post, in order to have a "MidiBox Tweaker" status.. ;D ;D

thanks Steve..