Midi Controlled Tamborine

architeq

Just wondered if anyone had stumbled upon the possiblity of creating a midi controlled tamborine...? By which I mean a motor that would shake back and forth when sent midi signals. Might be tricky because it would have to know to alternate direction with every midi note...????

Sam

You can also attach a simple switch which triggers on movement ("Rüttelschalter" in German... a switch with a light feather that triggers if you shake it) to the tambourine or a ("Neigungssensor") if you wish to trigger different sounds (as AIN).

I know there are also some switches with a metal ball in a tube; this could also be assembled manually (say the ball is connected to ground and the both sides to a DIN-pin).

This way it would be very easy to write a custom application that sends NOTE_ON's on each contact-(DIN-)event.

Best Regards ;)

Michael

I think you're talking about some kind of actuator like a servo or something... There was talk of a midi controlled drum beater recently too.

You might want to check out some robotics forums to see what's required, then you could trigger the device with a DOUT or something...