numerology controller

8KROM

I finally have set my sites on building a contoller for Numerology. I dug around the site and seams no one here uses that one. Unless I am just blind :) It is a great modular sequencer and really built for live performance. My goal is 16 pots, 32 sliders,32 encoders,atleast 16 buttons, 3 joysticks and 3 xy pads. I really want to have the most control I can while I am playing. I kind of have a feel for how I want to set it up. I mostly looking for tips and tricks for setting up something this big on my first project. Do you think I will need an lcd? Anyone have any real luck getting the xy's from spectra to work? where can I find a good joystick? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Numerology = best.seq.ever. :) I never can understand why it's not more widely used (except that it's mac only)

Your project could be based on mb64e, but you've got too many inputs there for one. I'd drop a few of the pots or sliders and use MB64e, otherwise you'll have to chain two of them.

Joystick - sony ps2 dualshock controllers. spectra pads - check out the forums. I don't think anyones got them going yet, but only because nobody has the FFC connectors yet. They're just pots so I'm sure they're fine, but it seems that spectrasymbol aren't responding to purchase requests.

Wow,, my original plan before was to create a controller for Numerology as well. But instead, I ended up with MBSEQv2!!  ;D

An LCD is very usefull in this case to get some feedback on your controller. From troubleshootimg, loading MIOS, etc. They are very cheap. SmashTV sells them for I think 6 bux.

Here's the link: http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/buy.html

Yes!! Numerology is the best sequencer ever!! I am glad it is mac only though, we don't want too many people getting in on this.. hehe.

Thanks for the input, I thought I might have had to much going on there, but I wasn't sure. I will definatley rethink my strategy on this, I just want to get as much control over numerology as possible. I was really tepid about going all software, as I have a full studio of gear. But I am moving to Hawaii and really want to be as portable as possible. So I am selling it all off and going laptop. I think midibox and numerology will make a great combo.

I will look into the ps2 pads, did you just rip them out of the controller?

I looked around the forums on the xy pads, hopefully someone will get them working soon.My info request have garnered no replies Though, there has to be someone else out there making these things. ..