From Australia and wanting a source for some motor faders

oberklaus

I'm interested in building a midibox LC with 8 or 16 motor faders and am wondering if someone could give some possible sources for motor faders (ALPS). One possible source I'v found is an EBAY store where they would cost me close to A$40 each, but at that price times 8 faders, a Behringer bcf 2000 would have a similar cost. Other suppliers I have found have 100 units as a minimum purchase. I could of course go without the motor faders or simple buy the bcf 2000(which won't have as many features as the LC I presume), but I would rather make it myself for the fun of it and to hopefully save some money. So at this point I'm hoping someone out there who has gone through purchasing motor faders recently(and are possibly from Australia) could provide me with some information about suppliers they know/have used and their costs. Thanks.

Hey man welcome aboard. I haven't used motorfaders but there are a few aussies around who might be able to help. Switchesplus are wicked but I don't know if they stock this kind of thing... They're definitely alps distributors though. I've found that you can often save a bit of money buying from international stores, despite the shipping costing a bomb. If you want to try and save the money, then invest some time in checking the shipping and tax out.

Good luck mate  :) So where in Oz are you anyway?

Thanks for the reply stryd_one. All the suppliers I'v found up till now are international but most have a high minimum purchase amount or the faders are around A$40 each without shipping. Tax won't be a problem because GST is only paid if the goods are over $1000. Anyone, like you said, hopefully someone will be able to help with some information. By the way, I'm from Melbourne.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya guys, im here in Adelaide, maybe alone on the midibox front??

Just thought id add that theres a company in adelaide called mixmasters who also do repairs on massive mixers, which sometimes have motor faders, they may be able to supply you with them second hand, or may be able to point you towards a supplier? There are a few audio electronic genisuses there who may be able to hunt them down being Damien and Rob. Dont expect it to be cheap tho!

Good luck!

John