Shift between SIDs?

Hi. Things are really going great here. Im gonna be playing my midibox all night.

Im amazed how sweet sounds that little chip can create. You are a genius TK.

I do have a problem though. When i push the buttons to switch among my SIDs (2 interconnected right now), the LEDs switch, but the chip doesnt. If i use LINK, they will both play.

Why is this happening. I mean, the Link button recognize the slave core, and the SID button functions with the LEDs, so what could be happening?

Im gonna be off the project for a week, so i have to get back to my midibox, RIGHT NOW  ;D

/Carsten

Maybe SID 1 and SID 2 are both set to the same MIDI channel.

Why is this happening. I mean, the Link button recognize the slave core, and the SID button functions with the LEDs, so what could be happening?

The Link button ONLY enables/disables routing of incoming MIDI events to the slaves. This is a one-way connection, the master Core doesn't know if there are slave Cores/SIDs there or not.

So with Link off, only SID 1 will play incoming notes (on assigned MIDI channel), with Link on, SID 1 and all slave SIDs will play incoming notes (on assigned MIDI channels).

Also, the cool "play note" feature (hold down SID button, then press menu button) works by simulated MIDI note events, so if SIDs are assigned to the same MIDI channel, playing one SID with this feature will cause all SIDs on the same MIDI channel to start playing also.