redundant components w/ linked cores

basta73

In designing a box with multiple cores, which components are used only in the initial core.  Having only one crystal makes sense, but what about the voltage regulators (7805)?  Cansomeone list the components that are NOT to be used in the slave cores?  Thank you in advance.

In designing a box with multiple cores, which components are used only in the initial core.  Having only one crystal makes sense, but what about the voltage regulators (7805)?  Cansomeone list the components that are NOT to be used in the slave cores?  Thank you in advance.

For instance,

an LC emulation with an XT extension for 8 more motorfaders (16 total) and related buttons; plus the addition of a good amount of analog potentiometers.  A mega-midibox of sorts.  This would require 3 cores (because you can't have AIN modules on the same core as Motorfader modules).  

Now to prove how confused I am...

Disregarding the other MIOS modules (AIN, DIN, DOUT, etc.) what components are soldered onto the first core, that are not on the second and third cores?  My assumption is that you don't have a crystal on each core, or am I wrong about this?  I just thought that the master core would look drastically different than the slave cores, but I guess what you are saying is that each configuration has it's own pared-down slave core?

possibly going batty ??? but maybe I'm just making things more difficult than they really are.

For instance,

an LC emulation with an XT extension for 8 more motorfaders (16 total) and related buttons; plus the addition of a good amount of analog potentiometers.  A mega-midibox of sorts.  This would require 3 cores (because you can't have AIN modules on the same core as Motorfader modules).  

Now to prove how confused I am...

Disregarding the other MIOS modules (AIN, DIN, DOUT, etc.) what components are soldered onto the first core, that are not on the second and third cores?  My assumption is that you don't have a crystal on each core, or am I wrong about this?  I just thought that the master core would look drastically different than the slave cores, but I guess what you are saying is that each configuration has it's own pared-down slave core?

possibly going batty ??? but maybe I'm just making things more difficult than they really are.

Yes, you make it more difficult than it is! ;-)

Since you are not sure about the electronic details, my suggestion is that you shouldn't try to left out any component of the core modules in order to avoid trouble. E.g., from the electrical point of view, there is no difference between a master and a slave core (or did I ever write something about this?) - once you've built the modules, you are free to experiment with the setup in order to find the perfect combination.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Yes, you make it more difficult than it is! ;-)

Since you are not sure about the electronic details, my suggestion is that you shouldn't try to left out any component of the core modules in order to avoid trouble. E.g., from the electrical point of view, there is no difference between a master and a slave core (or did I ever write something about this?) - once you've built the modules, you are free to experiment with the setup in order to find the perfect combination.

Best Regards, Thorsten.