midibox64e - how to verify buttons / encoders working?

hexman

It's the newbee again.... I now have (with SmashTv's great help) my CORE working!

I finished my two DINx4 and want to check along the way.  I measured voltages on the DINX4 at the pins etc and everything checks out.  I have midibox64e.syx loaded.

I connected my DINx4 to core (J9-J1) and want to check to see if buttons / encoders work - I have searched the site but cannot find this info on initial checkout.  The core boots up, and then shows:

INt:1 _ _ _ _ _ _

1 | CC#  0 [ 97 ]

Its stays the same regardless of button pushes, encoder turns etc.

Can I not use a standard app (using MIOS studio) setup_midibox16e.HEX to check out just one button or encoder?  just to see if its working?

I also tried loading setup_midibox64.HEX  from the zip file midibox64e_v2_2.zip (which I thought was midibox64e??)  That one I get midimonitor messages (alot) but I believe this is actually just plain midibox64???  If so it's confusing since it is in the midibox64e_v2_2.zip.

I also have used the vmidibox64E.exe to upload midibox64e.syx - with same results as with setup_midibox16e.hex.

Can someone give me a hint or at least key words to search on?

Geeez... I found my stupid mistake.  The DIN I used is from SMASHTV (great board and person BTW).  It shows J8/J9 2x5 pin DIL on the CORE and a J1 on the DIN.  The instructions on the DIN hookup at uCapps all have what appears to be 5 pins in-line.  So I incorrectly assumed that I just connect to the single row (ie 5 pins of J9) of the SmashTV board.  Wrong!!  You use a 10 pin cable to the J8/J9 to the J1 on the DIN.

Working!!!  Now I can safely proceed with the rest of construction!