midi cable

Guest Transmission

Guest monte

MIDIFARM has the pin out/optoisolator schematic as well  as several midi pages.   there are several variations out there but all should include an opto-isolator on the rx line and some sort of gate as a buffer on the tx line...  Monte

Guest Transmission

Right I have a keyboard that puts out midi, but instead of having a midi plug it goes straight to a sound card 15 pin plug.

I have just finished my controller and want to run the keyboard at the same time so it needs a midi connection not a 15 pin connection.

I cut the connector up found  wires red shield and white  I check them on the coonection and they are GRD +V and midi in, when it tried to wire up a midi plug I get nothing, have I missed something really obvious, please can you help

Steve

Im pretty sure that the cable that you´ve got is the same as the one that came with my Miditech midi-keyboard.  

As far as I can remember does my cable use pin 1 & 3 instead of 4 & 5 on the midi-jack. I think that they made it this way to save some $. They´ve left out the optoisolator and supplys the keyboard with power from the gameport.

I guess it would work with another cable like this one: http://www.hardwarebook.net/cable/misc/midi.html

Another thing, does you controller have a midimerger, if not you need two midi inputs (one for the keyboard and one for the controller)

Hope that this could be any help to you!

js