Button-encoder config build tool

ris8_allo_zen0

Hi all,

after messing with cables & pins in my Step C surface, I decided to write a simple tool to help myself writing the correct SR and Pin numbers in cs_io_tables.inc and mios_vectos.inc. It's an OpenOffice.org spreadsheet that generates the lines to be copy&paste'd to these config files.

Here is what to do:

1) upload the ain64_din128_dout128_v1_3 program from the Download/Troubleshooting section of the ucapps site.

2) open the spreadsheet and choose the tab (Buttons or Encoders) you wish to work with. Notice the "DIN pin" column already filled with some numbers (it's my current configuration :) ).

3) for each button/encoder, press/rotate it and write the number displayed on the LCD (the one before the slash) to the respective row.

4) when finished, select the entire yellow box and click the Copy button.

5) open your favorite text editor, load the .inc file and go to the line specified in the cell just above the yellow box.

6) select from that point to DIN_ENTRY_EOT or ENC_EOT, included. Reference to the yellow box for an exact match.

7) do Ctrl-V in the text editor, the table should be overwritten with the new one. For safety, do some undo-redo's to check that everything is OK.

8) save, assemble and upload.

9) have fun with your custom configuration!!

That's what I did for myself, however I hope it could be useful for someone building a Step C surface.

I made a quick'n'dirty hack to the ain64_din128_dout128_v1_3 source to get rid of the random AIN messages. I simply inserted a return instruction just after the USER_AIN_NotifyChange label of main.asm. The source and resulting .hex are included in the zip file.

DIN-ENC-config-builder.zip

I really like that you are whipping up these extras to help out. This is how MIOS Studio began one day when Wilba was feeling creative ;)

Sometimes it's time to get some power from our 2GHz+ beasts under the keyboard to solve everyday problems ;)

Seeing that you appreciate it, I hope I can share any other solution of this kind.

See you to the next creative moment!