Windows Audio Routing Software?

Screaming_Rabbit

... does anybody know of a windows routing software similar to the RME router soft, which comes with the card?

The RME application is cool, the only problem is, that you only can route the one RME card. I have two RME MADI cards and it's not possible to route in/outs over the card "border" of each card.

Greets, Roger

i'm not familiar with rme router software, but is a loopback what you have in mind?

ntonyx makes a commercial audio loopback for $50 (http://www.ntonyx.com/vac.htm).

i'm not quite sure what this is, but i found something called JACK (jack audio connection kit) at http://sourceforge.net/projects/jackit/.  Sourceforge files are free and are often better and less frivolous than commercial software.

hope this helps.

drew

RME router soft, which comes with the card?

Keep in mind that the software is only driving the router which is in fact hardware... Well it's firmware....but it's on the card, done with the card's DSP. You know what I mean ;D

JACK does this in software on linux and it is cool as a M*****F***** but I don't think there's a Windows Port...Darn, nope:

Operating System : All POSIX (Linux/BSD/UNIX-like OSes), Linux

2 MADI cards WTF are you recording, orchestras with a channel for each mic or what? I'm really disappointed to hear the RME's won't mix between cards, means they're off my shortlist. I think the MOTU 424 will do it, but MOTU are total a'holes. Argh.

I think you should give them both to me and use tape ;D

ntonyx makes a commercial audio loopback for $50 (http://www.ntonyx.com/vac.htm).

... thanks drew. - I'll check that out.

WTF are you recording

... I upgraded to 96k... so it's only 64 channels

The MADI cards go to the Studer D21m I/O rack http://www.studer.ch/index.aspx?menu_id=3&sub_menu_id=16&locale=en&url=includes%2fproduct_sheet_include.aspx%3fproduct_id%3d16

... greets, Roger

"Only" 64 channels? I'd go out on a limb and say that I'm nearly the only other person around here running more than 8 (24, BTW, 3 sets of ADAT)

I really am curious to hear some of your tunes now mate :D

That VAC has been around for awhile now so it might do the trick... I can't help but wonder about the stability of it but I am heavily biased against software so don't take it too seriously.

I wonder if you could sacrifice 8 channels to use as hardware busses between the cards perhaps?

I really am curious to hear some of your tunes now mate :D

1st: My tunes? They're only in my head. - Since some years I don't find much time anymore to make my own music... so today I'm just doodeling around with my guitar.

2nd: The number of channels, 24bit and 96kHz doesn't make a good mix. Why I upgraded my Studio to 24/96? Because many customers think that this makes a good mix  :P

It's a petty... you're producing 24/96 and the end user makes a MP3 out of it... cool ::)

Only" 64 channels?

It's not a matter of just Ins and Outs, I just didn't want any hardware patchbay anymore

I wonder if you could sacrifice 8 channels to use as hardware busses between the cards perhaps?

I need the routing software for monitoring purposes. I would like to select any Input as monitoring source. If possible, by a MidiBox  ;)

Greets, Roger

You can never have enough outs!!

I'm running 70 - 100 channels (sometimes more) on a large percentage of the tracks I'm doing when I mix down...

It's a petty... you're producing 24/96 and the end user makes a MP3 out of it... cool

don't! that kills me too!!

The chain:

Protools -> Euphonix Desk -> Manley -> IPOD!!!

can anyone see the odd one out??

Somehow I get the feeling you guys aren't talking about home studio any more hehehehe

Unfortunately I couldn't afford a 100 channel desk so there's 120 going to patchbays and a puny 32 going to the AD and the desk (I said 24 but I forgot the converters in the desk that make it 32). Some bright sunny day in the future I'll make the patchbays MIDI controlled and sell off the patch cables :)

Protools -> Euphonix Desk -> Manley -> IPOD!!!

Uhhh is it the desk? ;)