Church Organ now installed

robinfawell

After 3 years of work I have finished  the design and have installed the redesigned Church organ in our village in Radnage, Bucks England.

The design uses the standard Midi box components,  ie Core modules, Din and Dout Modules.

The design is based on the SCPOP organ (Google for website).  This is a PC based design and uses the Roland Sound Canvas, in my case I have used the SC8850 version sound module.

I have used 2 core Modules, 7 Din Modules and 2 Dout Modules.

The core modules have been programmed in C with help from forum members especially Thorsten.

The keyboards have a subsystem with 4 Din Modules and 1 core Module.  This also deals with 2 Analog inputs.

The second subsystem comprises the core module, 3 Din Modules and 2 Dout Modules.  The program deals with the console controls, 8 Analog inputs and the pedalboard.  The program is more complex.  Selecting a given stop sends a fairly large Sysex message, typically 1500 bytes to the Sound module.  These sysex messages are identical to the SCPOP Sysex messages.

Each stop sound can have up to 5 parts,  these are layered sounds.

If anyone would like more detail please let me know.

The overall result sounds good to my ears.

Here are some photos.

Robin

See next thread for 2 more photos.

Full View Organ.pdf

Centre Stops.pdf

LH Stops.pdf