is this possible?

shaan_l

hi

i'm looking to make a led display that works off (hopefully) on midi out from ableton.

what i would like it to do is flash according to the project tempo, so it seems like it is flashing with the music. it would also need to randomly change its display, like flash certain led's as well (and in time)

is this kind of project possible?

Thanks!  ;)

search the forum for midi-out from live. it's possible and it's kind of a (official?) hack. there should be at least two threads covering this question.

and of course ableton live is sending a midi-clock when it's a master application and this option is enabled. you just have to read the sync-bytes and switch your leds. see mclock example and dout-module.

regards

Michael

@cheater: lol sorry dude  :) the leds are just going to flash for a show. the leds are going to be placed as a logo, and if possible i would like the whole logo to flash then random letters in the logo, things like that.

@audiocommander: thanks, i will do that. is there a link to the mclock example?

i think what i would need is something that gets the midi-out from ableton (which will be the tempo to keep the leds flashing in sync with the music) and then puts this into something that will display the leds as above.

this might sound messed up cuz im not 100% sure about midi and leds etc etc, but im willing to try!