some CS design questions

e-toy

as i am still planning to make a step c cs for my sid, I'm not shure how it will looks like.

I have a tabletop case at home that i like to use but it's a bit to small for a regular cs

so i have to decide if  i make something like the "little surface, maximum control" from Ixox,

or something radical reduced.

In the case of the "little surface, maximum control" design I would like to add the mod matrix, but

as i dont have as much space in the case i would like to make it with illuminated (tact) switches.

this means that i have to make a switch (scan?) matrix. with this style variant i save the space for the regular switches.

so my question: is a scan matrix + a LED matrix supported in MB sid ?

the other design is more a "fast MENU access" control syle.

It consist of a 2x40 display and for every parameter shown in the display there is a Rotary Encoder.

+ fast access buttons for the Menu.

The point is, if you have to scroll thru the Menu (i.e. to reach the PW in OSC Menu) of course the

encoders have to be reassignd to actual shown parameters.

Could this work ?

I added a pic of the "fast Menu access" cs

simplesidvx1_thumb.jpg

1052_simplesidvx1_jpg9022fd3c0871164eeb3

so my question: is a scan matrix + a LED matrix supported in MB sid ?

I used a scan matrix in my PCB design, for all LEDs and switches... and TK has kindly supported this in the MB-SID firmware, esp. the use of the same DOUT shift register for both LEDs and switches. So while a matrix of buttons isn't supported, it's not too much coding effort as the support for switches in a matrix is supported.

the other design is more a "fast MENU access" control syle.

It consist of a 2x40 display and for every parameter shown in the display there is a Rotary Encoder.

+ fast access buttons for the Menu.

The point is, if you have to scroll thru the Menu (i.e. to reach the PW in OSC Menu) of course the

encoders have to be reassignd to actual shown parameters.

Could this work ?

I added a pic of the "fast Menu access" cs

Yeah this could work well, I don't get the layout underneath the display, are they encoders there? I think you would be better off having 10 buttons and maybe 5 "assignable" encoders somewhere else. And also, pay attention to the clearance around the display, you can't put switches/encoders too close to the display.